lead generation telemarketing
Does Lead Generation using Telemarketing work?
Absolutely! Digital marketing has become so crowded, so competitive, it is hard to stand out and very difficult to obtain any real traction. Next to an actual physical face to face conversation, a phone conversation is still the second most effective communication tool today. You can deliver your message one on one to your ideal target person, answer any common objections and then steer them to your desired outcome immediately.
In one hour, just one telemarketer can obtain up to 10 leads. NOTHING or NO ONE comes close to our level of Lead Generation.
Lead Generation or Lead Gen is simply a description of an activity and remains the life blood of organisations today. The often used phrase of “Lead generation” is a generic term describing the process of obtaining various levels of interest (Lead Status) from prospects.
For example an organisation may have a prime objective to use telemarketing to set appointments. As the caller sifts through each prospect they could assign a Cold, Warm, or a Hot lead status dependent on each outcome. This process can be applied to many other objectives such as Selling a product of service over the phone, Market research, Surveys, Database updating etc. In some cases the prime telemarketing objective can be just Lead generation itself.
Generating leads is not just about providing as many Hot leads as possible. It is also about qualifying these leads specific to your needs. Once a prospect has demonstrated they are interested it becomes a lot easier to obtain important information about them such as their likes, dislikes, budget and time frame for making a purchase of a product or service.
Lead Generation requires constant cultivating of new leads however it is not just about providing a company with an abundance of leads. It is also be about creating filters (qualifying criteria) for these leads to the extent of each company’s specific needs.
Lead Generation can be used for;
- Topping up your Sales Leads pipeline with fresh new Leads,
- Nurturing new Leads,
- Following up on old Leads, and
- Cleaning up your database while generating fresh new sales leads as the same time.
During our Lead generation process we can also achieve the following during each telephone call;
- Establish the level of interest a prospect or customer has for your proposition,
- Disqualify those that may not meet your criteria for a hot lead,
- Cover more than one objective at time. As an example, objective one could be to achieve a sale. In the event that objective is not successful then, objective two could be that we setup an appointment to further explain the proposition. And finally, if both previous objectives have not been met; objective three could simply be to gain permission to remain in contact via email.
A well executed Lead Generation campaign will add significantly to the bottom line of your company, but it takes a good lead generation company with excellent processes and skills to ensure excellent outcomes.
Don’t trust an amateur with your project. Other professionals know it pays to use professionals.